A day after a jury deadlocked on whether Jodi Arias should be sentenced to death for the murder of her ex-boyfriend, the jury foreman described the decision process as tense and ...
With a significant number of pets now homeless because of the Oklahoma tornado, New Mexicans have begun donating items to local animal hospitals and ...
The downtown Anasazi construction site now features orange netting after residents raised concerns about items falling from the scaffolding and onto the ...
The first annual Albuquerque Sportsfest will be held June 8-9 at Balloon Fiesta Park in Albuquerque, New Mexico. There will be live music, fireworks and food trucks. All soccer athletes participating in Sportsfest will have the opportunity to qualify for the Kick It 3v3 Regional Championships and/or the Disney 3v3 Championships. This is the first annual Albuquerque Sportsfest, while Hoop It ...
LAS CRUCES - The City of Las Cruces Parks & Recreation Department will partner with Groundwork Doña Ana, a local non-profit, to plant trees from the parks nursery into local parks and public grounds this summer. GWDA received a Youth Conservation Corps grant that will fund the "Green Team" youth crews. The Green Team will perform labor for excavating the planting pits, ...
Looking to fit everybody you know into one room? Expo New Mexico can accommodate 9,600 people in its largest meeting space. If thats not enough, the total capacity is 50,000, making it No. 1 on The List of top meeting and convention facilities. Check out the statewide results this week in the May 24 print edition of Albuquerque Business First. The print edition of The List includes total square ...
Winds: From the WNW at 2.0 MPH Gusting to 3.0 MPH
The Skin I Live In (La piel que habito)
I usually work very hard to avoid repeating myself when writing about certain auteurs whose films have so much in common stylistically, thematically, or otherwise, that it is virtually impossible not to do exactly that. But, sometimes you just have to give in, which is why I would ... ...
If you’ve looked outside today, you probably noticed the haze. The cause of it remains a mystery. Dan Ware from the state’s forestry service tells KOB Eyewitness News 4 the haze is from a combination of humidity and dust particles. Ware said he spoke to the National Weather Service and was told the humidity levels in the area jumped 50 percent overnight. The haze was expected to ...
Its impossible not to smile when you see Photo Editor Randy Siners cover image for the May 24 print edition of Albuquerque Business First. Its impossible not to smile when you see Photo Editor Randy Siners cover image for the May 24 print edition of Albuquerque Business First. The photo is of NDI New Mexico, our Education category winner in the Nonprofit of the Year awards. In the image, seven ...
LAS CRUCES - The partners for a downtown apartment complex, The Lofts at Alameda, plan to have ground-breaking ceremony on June 14, John Hummer, one of the partners, reports. The $2.8 million dollar development will be located next to the Las Cruces Sun-News, near the corner of Court Avenue and Alameda Boulevard. The Lofts at Alameda will have 38 apartments, and possibly a coffee shop or some ...
LAS CRUCES - Las Cruces Police issued 201 citations this week during three traffic operations along Bataan Memorial West. The three traffic operations were conducted near Del Rey Boulevard. The operations were held in two-hour increments beginning at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, 8 a.m. on Wednesday and 3:30 p.m. Thursday. The vast majority of the citations issued were for speeding. In the six total ...
ALBUQUERQUE(KASA) - KRQE News 13 Anchor Elizabeth Alvarez has the morning news ...
Did I hear right?
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Wrest Point Hotel & Casino, Hobart, Australia
This 4 star hotel, casino and entertainment complex is situated on the foreshores of Sandy Bay in Hobart, the capital ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Albuquerque ExpressAlbuquerque Express | Fast News as it happens in Albuquerque
The Albuquerque Express is essentially a local Albuquerque newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Albuquerque, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Albuquerque, New Mexico, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Albuquerque Express.
Independiente Santa Fe defeated Gremio 1-0 and advanced to the quarter-finals of the Copa Libertadores.
The result at El Campin stadium Thursday left the teams tied 2-2 on aggregate but the Colombian outfit progressed on away goals, reports Xinhua.
Forward Wilder Medina broke the deadlock in the 79th minute by playing a one-two with Omar Perez before jinking past three defenders and firing a low shot past goalkeeper Dida.
Gremio had the chance to equalise in injury time when a bungled clearance by goalkeeper Camilo Vargas left Chile international forward Eduardo Vargas needing only to tap into an unguarded net.
But the Napoli loanee fired over the crossbar to secure the Brazilian club's elimination.
Independiente Santa Fe will meet Peru's Real Garcilaso in the quarterfinals.
- Private firms may travel to lunar surface NASA report
- Alice Eve believes in aliens
- NASAs Chandra explores hidden population of exotic neutron stars
- Hubble reveals Ring Nebulas true shape
- Rare birth of mega-galaxy captured by space telescope
- Its sexist to ask women about age says Julianne Moore
- Narcissists woo women more easily
- Rural women imparted advanced training in handloom handicrafts in Manipur
- Doll making gains popularity among women in Tripura
- Greater attention needed for safe childbirths UN urges on inaugural Day to end obstetric fistula
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Lincolns life-saving note put up for 15000 dollars
- HSBC could face criminal prosecution as deal on money laundering charges stalls
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- Foreign policy impotence gripping U.S.
- I-5 bridge collapse raises questions about Washington state bridges
- Scouting is bigger than any single policy Column
- Seeking shared views amid IRS AP scandals Column
- The IRS targeted my organization Column
- First look of D-Day movie unveiled in Mumbai
- Psys look-alike dupes stars at Cannes
- No hatred between Mayers former girlfriends
- George Michael didnt try to commit suicide by throwing himself from car says pal
- Prince Harry names himself ginger queen
- Major Ike problems require ‘minor’ solution for Mets
- Pacers coach Vogel rips Knicks
- Rams shift 6-foot-10 403-pounder to offense
- Judge Brent to have more alcohol monitoring
- A-Rod sells house for Miami Beach-high $30M
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Albuquerque Express headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Arias jury foreman Decision gut-wrenching
- Donations piling up for homeless Okla. pets
- Netting put up at Anasazi construction site
- 500 trees to be planted in Las Cruces parks this summer
- Top of the List tribal casinos meeting and convention facilities