Independiente Santa Fe defeated Gremio 1-0 and advanced to the quarter-finals of the Copa Libertadores. The result at El Campin stadium Thursday left the teams tied 2-2 on aggregate but the Colombian outfit progressed on away goals, reports Xinhua. Forward Wilder Medina broke the deadlock in the 79th minute by playing a one-two with Omar Perez before jinking past three defenders and firing a ...
North Korea launched three short-range guided missiles into the sea off the Korean Peninsula's east coast Saturday, South Korea's semi-official news agency Yonhap cited the South Korean Defense Ministry as ...
Federal transportation investigators will work to determine what caused two passenger trains to collide during rush hour in Connecticut, sending dozens to the ...
Of the $605 million in spending allocated to all NMSU campuses for the 2012-2013 school year, about 42.6 percent is slated for salaries, according to the latest available numbers. That $204 million for salaries is up 2.6 percent, or $5.3 million, from last ...
RIO RANCHO, N.M. (KRQE) - A man riding a dirt bike west of Rio Rancho sailed over a cliff late Friday and fell an estimated 150 feet down the escarpment toward the Rio Puerco Valley. At 8 p.m. aerial video from Sky News 13 showed responders from the Rio Rancho Fire Department and Sandoval County had rappelled down the cliff with a litter and had reached the biker. An officer already had been ...
64.9°F Mostly Cloudy
The Astronaut's Wife [DVD]
"The Astronaut's Wife" is essentially an inferior variation on "Rosemary's Baby" (1968) dolled up in modern science fiction drag. The same basic themes are there, the same essential fears--that is, a woman's fear that the baby she is carrying inside her is somehow not her own. The lack of control a mother has over her body, the joy and terror of having another life growing insider her--these are ... ...
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - Some Albuquerque neighborhoods are on alert by the state Department of Health after a rabid bat was found near to two schools and with children seen getting very close to it. The state wants to find those children and make sure neither they nor anyone else came in contact with the bat, so it sent letters to schools and notices to residents. A letter warning residents that a ...
Updated 6:20 p.m. LAS CRUCES - A New Mexico State University mechanical engineering student died in a fatal car crash on U.S. 180 Thursday morning. Nicholas Clegg, 22, was near Deming when another driver, heading north, swerved into oncoming traffic. Clegg swerved to avoid the driver, lost control of his 2011 Toyota and hit a guard rail. He rolled several times and was ejected from the ...
"You're in New Mexico, and there's rabies out here, and you need to be careful," said resident Steve Romero. "It's not totally surprising because of the rodent population and rabies being alive and well, and we have everything else around here this time of ...
stood in stark contrast to one week ago when a 6-year-old girl was reported as abducted and molested. Police didn't send out an alert on that abduction at a North Valley apartment complex. Less than a week later a 4-year-old girl was kidnapped from the same complex 30 feet away from the first crime scene. She, however, was shoved from the car as the kidnapper fled the complex with the ...
of kidnapping and raping an 11-year-old boy after a nearly two-week long trial in January. District Judge Kenneth Martinez sentenced him to the maximum 41 1/2 years in prison. The attack happened in August 2003 in the Embudo Arroyo in northeast Albuquerque. During the trial, the victim testified he was walking home from school when Sandoval lured him into the arroyo and raped ...
Did I hear right?
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Albuquerque ExpressAlbuquerque Express | Fast News as it happens in Albuquerque
The Albuquerque Express is essentially a local Albuquerque newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Albuquerque, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Albuquerque, New Mexico, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Albuquerque Express.
Independiente Santa Fe defeated Gremio 1-0 and advanced to the quarter-finals of the Copa Libertadores.
The result at El Campin stadium Thursday left the teams tied 2-2 on aggregate but the Colombian outfit progressed on away goals, reports Xinhua.
Forward Wilder Medina broke the deadlock in the 79th minute by playing a one-two with Omar Perez before jinking past three defenders and firing a low shot past goalkeeper Dida.
Gremio had the chance to equalise in injury time when a bungled clearance by goalkeeper Camilo Vargas left Chile international forward Eduardo Vargas needing only to tap into an unguarded net.
But the Napoli loanee fired over the crossbar to secure the Brazilian club's elimination.
Independiente Santa Fe will meet Peru's Real Garcilaso in the quarterfinals.
- Near-Earth asteroids and Mars 2 moons considered for future space missions
- Mars rover Opportunity examining rock changed by water
- Violent winds on Uranus and Neptune confined to upper atmosphere
- O.J.s ex-lawyer contradicts his testimony on guns
- 2 fires north of LA persist after long fire week
- Handbags may have more germs than average toilet flush
- Womens fertility could be linked with their immune status
- CA to improve pay conditions for Oz women cricketers to boost professionalism
- Indian women strike gold at Asia 3x3 basketball meet
- Depression doubles risk of stroke in middle-aged women
- Proposal for second US LNG export terminal gets nod
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- Bangladesh garment factories reopen within days of shutdown
- Share of developing nations in investments set to triple by 2030
- Ocado enters sale and lease back deal with Morrisons for Dordon facility
- Matthew Sanders Imploding trust in Americas institutions
- John Florez Involve the poor in solving poverty
- The winners and the losers Venezuela terrorism Spider Man
- Letters IRS unpaid furloughs will severely impact taxpayers employees
- Letter On Armed Forces Day reflect on sacrifices and thank the troops
- Indian American Vivek Ranadive buys US basketball team
- Indian-headed group buys Sacramento Kings NBA team
- Nicklaus tribute to Venturi
- Ed Fountaine’s Stakes Spot Plays
- Richards’ fall to 4th line stunning justified
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Albuquerque Express headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Independiente defeat Gremio to reach Libertadores quarters
- Report N Korea fires short-range missiles
- Feds to probe Connecticut train crash
- 2013 Public Payrolls NMSU spending 2.6 percent more on salaries...
- Dirt biker plunges off high cliff