Congress , which set limits that have made that difficult, if not impossible, to achieve. His choice to lift the moratorium on transferring Guantanamo detainees to Yemen (the country of origin for a large number of them) will likely help in this regard. It's difficult to dispute that drone attacks are sometimes necessary to fight terrorism and have been effective in that regard. ...
James Oliver, left, stands behind his brother and fellow Eagle Scout, Will Oliver, who is gay, as he makes comments during a news conference in front of the Boy Scouts of America headquarters in Dallas, Texas. Scouts and their families have delivered a petition to the Boy Scouts of America headquarters urging an end to a policy banning gay scouts and leaders from the organization. (Tony ...
Seattle City Council’s proposed marijuana zoning rules would have been great a year ago. But as I was sitting in on a City Hall news conference yesterday, I wondered how what difference it would really ...
The first annual Albuquerque Sportsfest will be held June 8-9 at Balloon Fiesta Park in Albuquerque, New Mexico. There will be live music, fireworks and food trucks. All soccer athletes participating in Sportsfest will have the opportunity to qualify for the Kick It 3v3 Regional Championships and/or the Disney 3v3 Championships. This is the first annual Albuquerque Sportsfest, while Hoop It ...
bipolar disorder with psychotic features . He has been prescribed a cornucopia of medications. One psychiatrist put him on an anti-psychotic that the next doctor called a placebo. Another prescribed a medication that made his condition worse.Unlike many other physical ailments, there are no acceptable scientific tests that can pinpoint mental disorders. A blood test won't tell doctors which ...
Nullification fever is spreading across the rural counties along the Mason-Dixon Line, with Cecil, Harford and Carroll counties passing resolutions in the last month declaring their view that Maryland's new gun control law is unconstitutional. Cecil's council kicked off the trend with a resolution stating its intent that no county resources be used to enforce the law. Harford took a ...
94.0°F Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the West at 3.0 MPH Gusting to 11.0 MPH
Because I Said So
Because I Said So is a desperate comedy whose frequently acute insights into tense, but loving mother-daughter relationships is constantly hamstrung by ill-advised forays into physical humor and too much reliance on Diane Keaton's mania. Keaton trades a little too heavily ... ...
Although the vast majority of black children complete high school, most do not complete college. Many first-generation college students have fewer financial, family and community resources to persist through the more challenging aspects of college, such as dealing with financial obligations, meeting academic requirements and finding opportunities for postbaccalaureate ...
Not so on federal land. The flowers in Washington’s many parks are government property and the feds take just as dim a view of that as trying to drive off in an F-16. (The irony is that when it comes time to replace, say, the tulips, the National Park Service will give away the bulbs to people passing by because it’s cheaper to buy new ones each spring rather than store the old bulbs ...
New York Times columnist Mirza Shahzad Akbar speaks out about the forgotten victims of president Obama's use of drones in the war on ...
';Like Captain Renault, liberals are now shocked, shocked to discover Obama & Co. have been using intimidating tactics.'; Or at least that’s the claim Peter Wehner makes in his recent piece ...
A Plan B for the 'missing link,' Opinion, May 16]. One of the first things I learned was to cross at a 90-degree angle. Even to a 10-year-old, this is not rocket science. But it seems to be beyond the capabilities of the adult bicyclists of Seattle, who are demanding their own red carpet through Ballard. Remember, these are people who are not required to register their bicycles, ...
Did I hear right?
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Albuquerque ExpressAlbuquerque Express | Fast News as it happens in Albuquerque
The Albuquerque Express is essentially a local Albuquerque newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Albuquerque, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Albuquerque, New Mexico, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Albuquerque Express.
Independiente Santa Fe defeated Gremio 1-0 and advanced to the quarter-finals of the Copa Libertadores.
The result at El Campin stadium Thursday left the teams tied 2-2 on aggregate but the Colombian outfit progressed on away goals, reports Xinhua.
Forward Wilder Medina broke the deadlock in the 79th minute by playing a one-two with Omar Perez before jinking past three defenders and firing a low shot past goalkeeper Dida.
Gremio had the chance to equalise in injury time when a bungled clearance by goalkeeper Camilo Vargas left Chile international forward Eduardo Vargas needing only to tap into an unguarded net.
But the Napoli loanee fired over the crossbar to secure the Brazilian club's elimination.
Independiente Santa Fe will meet Peru's Real Garcilaso in the quarterfinals.
- New Russian spacecraft reusable for up to five flights
- After Months in Space Gravitys a Drag for Astronauts
- 4 Best Stargazing Sights and How to See Them
- North Las Vegas company to test spacecraft capable of moon landing
- Boy Scouts vote to end ban on gay youth
- Do women get two types of orgasms
- Sonia Gandhi Nooyi among Indians in Forbes worlds top 100 Most Powerful Women List
- Daily dose of calcium helps women live longer
- Oz girls team coach says more women to pursue cricket career following pay rise
- Mercy Ships Founder on Restoring Dignity Health to Women Suffering From Obstetric Fistula
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Senate confirms Chandigarh-born as top US judge
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- Setting limits on drones
- Boy Scouts’ gay ban
- Seattle marijuana zoning just words on paper without enforcement
- Mental illness manual no bible Column
- Carroll Countys gun law nullification fantasy
- Amanda Seyfried was happy with big bosom
- Jennifer Aniston to play stripteaser in Were The Millers
- Eisenberg imbibes stage confidence from mother
- I learnt magic tricks from mother Jesse Eisenberg
- Chinese artist Ai Weiwei rages against state abuses in Dumbass song
- Palmer sets pace at Colonial
- Cowboys Brent off to court for using alcohol
- Pacers Hibbert accuses Battier of dirty play
- Grizzlies Hollins focused on Spurs not deal
- McCutchen paces Pirates to fourth straight win
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Albuquerque Express headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Boy Scouts to allow gay youths to join
- Robber hits Albuquerque bank
- Inmate arrested after erroneous early release
- Robbery of Bank of the West in Albuquerque
- NMSU student dies in crash