SILVER CITY, N.M. (AP) - The trial of an Albuquerque youth charged with murder in the shooting death of his father on a southwestern New Mexico hunting trip is being delayed. ...
A pair of homeless women accused of plotting to kill an Albuquerque man following a sexual escapade because they wanted his car have been indicted. Second Judicial District Attorney's Office announced Tuesday that a Bernalillo County Grand Jury indicted 18-year-old Jennifer McKee and 20-year-old Ashlee Gurule on multiple charges, including murder and kidnapping. Authorities say the body of ...
Albuquerque Fire Department units fought flames from the roof and extinguished it "within minutes," according to an AFD news release. No injuries were reported, and employees have since returned to the ...
This is an update to previous coverage below. -- MOORE, Okla. (AP) -- The search for survivors and the dead is nearly complete in the Oklahoma City suburb that was smashed by a mammoth tornado, the fire chief said ...
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - The body of a U.S. Army veteran from New Mexico is coming home Tuesday following his death in Afghanistan. Robert Halsell of Hatch was among 15 people killed last week after a suicide bombing in Kabul. The 26-year-old veteran was working as a private contractor in Afghanistan when he died. His father is a former mayor of Hatch and was an Albuquerque Police Department ...
80.8°F Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the SSW at 5.0 MPH Gusting to 9.0 MPH
La Femme Nikita
Luc Besson's "La Femme Nikita" is a clever, visually stunning French thriller about a secret government agency that transforms a nowhere-bound, murderous junkie into an efficient hitman, er, hitwoman. The Nikita of the title is a true femme fatal played with ferocious intensity and whetted sexuality by Anne Parillaud. When we first meet her, she is a strung-out druggie traveling with a band of str ... ...
Given dangerous fire conditions, parts of the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District will be closed beginning Wednesday and fire restrictions will be ...
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - Fire alarms went on and power went off in the older portion of Albuquerque City Hall Tuesday prompting an evacuation of the building. At 1:30 p.m. the Albuquerque Fire Department reported some type of object fell down a shaft and landed on an electrical conduit. That set off fire alarms and knocked out power to the building, an AFD spokesperson said. There are currently five ...
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - The city of Albuquerque will soon be hiring more people after city councilors passed a budget plan for the next fiscal year Monday night. The budget will help hire an extra 40 people working everywhere from City Hall to the BioPark, animal shelters and elsewhere. These jobs haven't been posted yet but could be as soon as Mayor Richard J. Berry signs the budget. The city ...
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) -- Officials in the Albuquerque area are imposing tougher fire restrictions, and portions of the wooded area along the Middle Rio Grande to the north and south of the city are ...
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - Some local officers and firefighters are being recognized Tuesday for their spirit of heroism and humanitarianism. New Mexicos American Red Cross held their 2013 Real Heroes Award Breakfast. KRQE News 13s Chief meteorologist Mark Ronchetti was there to help honor the service members. Rio Rancho Officer Antoine Smith received the law enforcement Real Hero Award for stopping ...
Did I hear right?
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hawaii Hotel
This 5 star resort hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Waikiki, around from Diamond Head. The hotel was the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Albuquerque ExpressAlbuquerque Express | Fast News as it happens in Albuquerque
The Albuquerque Express is essentially a local Albuquerque newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Albuquerque, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Albuquerque, New Mexico, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Albuquerque Express.
Independiente Santa Fe defeated Gremio 1-0 and advanced to the quarter-finals of the Copa Libertadores.
The result at El Campin stadium Thursday left the teams tied 2-2 on aggregate but the Colombian outfit progressed on away goals, reports Xinhua.
Forward Wilder Medina broke the deadlock in the 79th minute by playing a one-two with Omar Perez before jinking past three defenders and firing a low shot past goalkeeper Dida.
Gremio had the chance to equalise in injury time when a bungled clearance by goalkeeper Camilo Vargas left Chile international forward Eduardo Vargas needing only to tap into an unguarded net.
But the Napoli loanee fired over the crossbar to secure the Brazilian club's elimination.
Independiente Santa Fe will meet Peru's Real Garcilaso in the quarterfinals.
- Climate change after cosmic impact may have wiped out wooly mammoths
- Venus Jupiter and Mercury will dance in spring twilight
- Big Meteor Explosion on Moon Shows Lunar Exploration Risks
- Rare Sight See Bright Saturn Near Moon on Wednesday
- Book Review “Space Chronicles Facing the Ultimate Frontier” by Neil de Grasse Tyson
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- Afghan women getting jailed for moral crimes
- 72 pc women experience constipation bowel problems during pregnancy
- Do men behave better than women while traveling
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- Moscow safer than New York Russian minister
- Shocking lawsuit claims NY high schools admissions policy racially biased
- US charges three NYU researchers for taking bribes from Chinese company
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Housing market picking up in UK
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Search for extraterrestrial life goes on even without Kepler.
- No NBA for Seattle
- Liberalism not at fault for recent scandals Column
- IRS scandal symptom of intrusive government Column
- Westwood staying out of it
- San Fran snags Super Bowl
- Cowboys Bryant Comfortable with my life
- Jackets see 13 percent increase in ticket sales
- Phil Jackson says best offer came from Nets
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Albuquerque Express headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 2 women in NM speed chase indicted for murder
- Firefighters extinguish fire from rooftop
- Trial in triple murder continues for 2nd day in Las Cruces
- Get golf ready with training at NMSU
- NMSU Aquatic Center plans short closure