Model-turned actress Lily Cole will be honoured with a doctorate by a Scottish University for outstanding contribution to humanitarian and environmental causes. The 25-year-old will be presented the Doctor of Letters degree from Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) July 3. She had worked with professor Muhammad Yunus of Cambridge University on her new social networking site Impossible.com, ...
unprecedented stocktake of UK wildlife has revealed that most species are struggling and that one in three have halved in number in the past half ...
An absence of positive political debate about the natural world is even more troubling than the decline in UK wildlife revealed by State of Nature ...
REDWOOD SHORES, CALIF. - Columbus State University, ranked among the top regional universities in the South by US News & World Report, improved reporting accuracy and timeliness, enhanced data quality and provided insight into student retention, progression and graduation trends with the implementation of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, according to Oracle press ...
Whale Sharks in Cenderawasih Bay Paul Hilton / Greenpeace On this International Day for Biological Diversity, we want to show you stunning images from one of the world's richest places in biodiversity: Indonesia. From whale sharks, to abundant coral reefs and forests teeming with life, the Greenpeace ship the Rainbow warrior is currently documenting the beauty and fragility of ...
59.6°F Scattered Clouds
Harold and Maude [Blu-Ray]
Even in the brash, comparatively open-minded environment of the New Hollywood in the early 1970s, Hal Ashbys Harold and Maude is an incredibly unlikely studio film about an incredibly unlikely romance. With its polarized May-September romance, unironic counterculture value ... ...
Manufacturers are waiting for interest in hybrids to grow Hybrid cars are reaching the Gulf in limited numbers. But those who want to do their bit for the environment, or make a statement, will have to dig deep into their resources -- the niche here is dominated by prestige, performance marques such as Porsche, Lexus, BMW and McLaren Automotive.And for now, these companies are not particularly ...
Royal Horticultural Society have decided this year to relax their century-old ban and for the first time allow the "little people" into the show -- garden gnomes, that is, those tacky little statues of short bearded men with pointy ...
Nicholas Rutledge snapped this picture of yesterday's devastating tornado as it gathered strength in Newcastle, Oklahoma. It later intensified before smashing through suburbs surrounding Oklahoma City, including the city of ...
deadly tornado ripped through the Oklahoma City area on Monday , leaving 24 dead. As rescue crews assist victims, scientists have fanned out across the Great Plains, seeking to better understand how severe storms form, and how people may better guard against their worst ...
STOCKHOLM - Environmental pressure group Greenpeace on Tuesday said it flew a paraglider over a nuclear reactor building in south-western Sweden and dropped an item upon it from the air to show how vulnerable the facilities ...
Did I hear right?
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hawaii Hotel
This 5 star resort hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Waikiki, around from Diamond Head. The hotel was the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Albuquerque ExpressAlbuquerque Express | Fast News as it happens in Albuquerque
The Albuquerque Express is essentially a local Albuquerque newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Albuquerque, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Albuquerque, New Mexico, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Albuquerque Express.
Independiente Santa Fe defeated Gremio 1-0 and advanced to the quarter-finals of the Copa Libertadores.
The result at El Campin stadium Thursday left the teams tied 2-2 on aggregate but the Colombian outfit progressed on away goals, reports Xinhua.
Forward Wilder Medina broke the deadlock in the 79th minute by playing a one-two with Omar Perez before jinking past three defenders and firing a low shot past goalkeeper Dida.
Gremio had the chance to equalise in injury time when a bungled clearance by goalkeeper Camilo Vargas left Chile international forward Eduardo Vargas needing only to tap into an unguarded net.
But the Napoli loanee fired over the crossbar to secure the Brazilian club's elimination.
Independiente Santa Fe will meet Peru's Real Garcilaso in the quarterfinals.
- New evidence supports theory of cosmic impact 12800 years ago
- Russian Space Ark Returns to Earth with Animal Crew Some Mice Die
- Garcetti builds lead as L.A. picks new mayor
- Immigration bill heads to full Senate
- 600 police photos of Tucson rampage scene released
- Number of Afghan women jailed for moral crimes increasing says human rights group
- Women should enjoy their sexuality says Heather Graham
- Saudi cleric says using air-conditioners by women immoral
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Housing market picking up in UK
- Wests need for air tankers trumps contract concerns
- Teachers showed courage in the face of Oklahoma tornado
- IRS AP Libya scandals A trifecta with little payout
- Richard Davis Abortion laws should keep up with advances
- Letters Consumers last word
- Fergie Premier League manager of year
- US singer sues McDonalds over piece of glass in chicken sandwich
- Kanye West has been pushing me to return to music says Will Smith
- Amy Winehouse foundation raises 1.9 mn pounds annually
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- MWC commish Playoffs wont stay at four teams
- Report Boises Ukwuachu transferring to Baylor
- McIlroy - Personalities clash
- Stralman may miss Game 4
- Yankees can set up 2014 pen on cheap
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Albuquerque Express headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 200-acre fire near Silver City forces evacuations
- Mayor will spend $35000 in search for new police chief
- McKenny Fire grows to 200 acres
- Man gives history back to famlies
- Family celebrates Ashley Browders birthday