U.S. oil prices were steady below $99 on Wednesday as investors waited for the U.S. Federal Reserve to shed some light on whether it plans to taper its $85 billion stimulus program. The Fed's three quantitative easing schemes have been key in boosting prices of oil and other commodities. ...
(Reuters) - Lazada, the Southeast Asian online retail company founded by Germany's Rocket Internet Gmbh, has secured another $100 million from investors in its bid to lift the region from its status as an e-commerce ...
Elon Musk, Tesla Motors CEO, tells the Reuters Global Tech Summit that he'll talk to politicians who back local car dealers trying to keep Tesla from selling directly to ...
Looking to get a leg-up in the bendable display market, LG Display is going full throttle ahead with production of the new technology for mobile ...
Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom said Thursday he was "in tears" after a European company deleted all the data it was hosting from his shuttered file-sharing site.Netherlands-based LeaseWeb announced it had deleted all Megaupload files from 630 servers.LeaseWeb said in a statement it hosted the data for over a year at its own expense without receiving any requests to access it or retain ...
95.6°F Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the WSW at 1.0 MPH Gusting to 5.0 MPH
In From Walt to Woodstock: How Disney Created the Counterculture, author Douglas Brode offers up a compelling and completely original take on the classic works of Walt Disney, arguing that, rather than contributing primarily to the commoditization and conglomeration of culture, Disneys most p ... ...
changed its controversial stance on always-on connectivity and game DRM on Wednesday, a reversal that comes after more than a week of harsh criticism from consumers, press and especially competitors. The move comes just a few months before the console is set to hit store shelves, and is widely-viewed as reactionary. Rival Sony, which priced and further detailed ...
Even as the company backtracks on its unpopular game-sharing policy, a company executive tells CNET that it won't budge on the price for the console, some $100 more than the rival PlayStation ...
John Mcafee, anti-virus software guru, arrives for a news conference outside of the Supreme Court of Justice in Guatemala City, December 4, ...
By Alexei Oreskovic SAN FRANCISCO, June 19 | Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:46pm EDT SAN FRANCISCO, June 19 (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc on Wednesday downplayed concerns that its plans to recycle inactive user IDs could leave users exposed to hackers, saying only 7 percent of those IDs are tied to actual Yahoo email accounts. The Internet company, which announced last week it would release user IDs that ...
The latest Wi-Fi technology, called "802.11ac," offers speeds of up to 1.3 Gigabits per second. That's fast enough to transfer an entire high-definition movie to a tablet in under 4 minutes, share photo albums with friends in a matter of seconds or stream three HD videos at the same time. It's more than double the top speed of the previous standard, known as ...
Did I hear right?
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Albuquerque ExpressAlbuquerque Express | Fast News as it happens in Albuquerque
The Albuquerque Express is essentially a local Albuquerque newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Albuquerque, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Albuquerque, New Mexico, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Albuquerque Express.
Los Alamos National Laboratory scientists have designed a new type of nanostructured-carbon-based catalyst that could pave the way for reliable, economical next-generation batteries and alkaline fuel cells, providing for practical use of wind- and solar-powered electricity, as well as enhanced hybrid electric vehicles.
The new material has the highest oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) activity in alkaline media of any non-precious metal catalyst developed to date. This activity is critical for efficient storage of electrical energy.
The new catalyst doesn't use precious metals such as platinum, which is more expensive per ounce than gold, yet it performs under certain conditions as effectively as many well-known and prohibitively expensive precious-metal catalysts developed for battery and fuel-cell use.
Moreover, although the catalyst is based on nitrogen-containing carbon nanotubes, it does not require the tedious, toxic and costly processing that is usually required when converting such materials for catalytic use.
"These findings could help forge a path between nanostructured-carbon-based materials and alkaline fuel cells, metal-air batteries and certain electrolyzers," said Zelenay. ...
- NASAs Cassini may reveal how Earth looks like from Saturn
- With Russian Help Europe Prepares to Search for Life on Mars
- Chinese astronaut to deliver first space lecture
- Spectacular Billion Pixel Panorama from NASA’s Curiosity Mars Rover
- Plasma Swirls Above Suns Surface For 36 Hours | Time-Lapse Video
- Women in Kolkata demand death penalty for rapists
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- Slip into slip dress for night out
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Regular use of talcum powder ups risk of ovarian cancer by 24pc
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Irish public support attack on U.S. president and family
- Surveillance stopped at least 50 terror attacks, says NSA director
- Serena Williams apologises for insensitive and hurtful comments about teen rape victim
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- 2.7 mn Jeeps to be recalled by Chrysler over concerns on fuel tanks
- Settlement monitor faults four largest US mortgage servicers for lapses
- Spain urged to pursue further reforms to generate growth and jobs
- Syria intervention still lacks strategy Our view
- Syria needs no move zone Other views
- Guest Prevent prescription-drug deaths with a medicine-return program
- Seattle’s waterfront mayor’s race most important topic mysteriously absent
- Villaraigosa not a bad mayor but disappointing Editorial
- Couple files suit for Miami bar deck collapse
- Hamilton drops to No. 7 spot in Angels lineup
- LeBrons success without Wade complicates duos future
- Mangold Jets players want Sanchez to be starter
- Jets C Mangold Sanchez is a fantastic QB for us
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Albuquerque Express headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Trial resumes with heartbroken father
- Roadkills up as drought drives wildlife
- James Gandolfini Dies Sopranos Actor Was 51
- Tera Chavezs father testifies on trials 8th day
- Arizona smoke may find Albuquerque