But the source of the grease in the bins remains a mystery. An attorney for one of the restaurants that backs up the alley, The Library Bar and Grill, said they have a private service that carries away their ...
The Anasazi building is getting a makeover. Residents have raised concerns, though, about how safe it is to walk by the construction site at the corner of Central and ...
RIO RANCHO, N.M. (KRQE) - Officials have closed the intersection of Unser and Northern Boulevards in Rio Rancho is due to repairs of a water main break. Drivers are urged to seek an alternate route. No word on when the intersection will ...
The first annual Albuquerque Sportsfest will be held June 8-9 at Balloon Fiesta Park in Albuquerque, New Mexico. There will be live music, fireworks and food trucks. All soccer athletes participating in Sportsfest will have the opportunity to qualify for the Kick It 3v3 Regional Championships and/or the Disney 3v3 Championships. This is the first annual Albuquerque Sportsfest, while Hoop It ...
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - The former Bernalillo County assessor cheated taxpayers out of tens of thousands of dollars in December when she made a secret, back-room deal before resigning to join the Public Regulation Commission. "Everybody that pays their taxes, works hard, pays them in full, is getting cheated," said Bernalillo County Commissioner Wayne Johnson. "Either through ...
steal millions from taxpayers and is serving time in a federal prison says he may be getting cheated. In 2009, Manny Aragon was sentenced to five years seven months in prison for helping inflate invoices for the construction of Albuquerque's Metropolitan Courthouse. Investigators believe Aragon personally pocketed $650,000 from a scheme which cost state taxpayers around $4.3 million. As ...
64.9°F Scattered Clouds
Short Cuts [DVD]
Raymond Carver summed up the power of his own writing when he said, Its possible to write about commonplace things and objects using commonplace but precise language, and to endow these things--a chair, a window curtain, a fork, a stone, a woman's earring--with immense, even startling power. ... ...
was killed by a cop who a ran red light is speaking out. "It would have been her 22nd birthday yesterday," said Vicki Serfoss. Birthday balloons fly at the memorial site for Ashley Browder, killed at this intersection of Paseo and Eagle Ranch in a brutal crash February 10. The crash left her sister in a wheelchair. While the Browder family mourns their loss, her grandmother wants to ...
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - An 84-year-old Albuquerque woman is facing drug trafficking and other charges. Lillie Smith was indicted by a grand jury for trafficking, conspiracy to commit trafficking, tampering with evidence and possession. "It's definitely not something you see everyday," said BCSO Sergeant Aaron Williamson. Court documents show the charges stem from a warrant served at ...
Nationally, the number of people who applied for new unemployment benefits fell by 23,000 to 340,000 in the week ended May 18, according to the Labor Department. New Mexico remains among the states with the highest rates of people seeking unemployment benefits, according to numbers released Thursday by the U.S. Labor Department. Nationally, the number of people who applied for new unemployment ...
The torrential showers drenched fields of debris where homes and schools stood before Monday's massive tornado. The National Weather Service warned of wind gusts up to 60 mph, which could send remnants of precious possessions flying through the air -- again. The weather service issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the Oklahoma City area, including Moore, and a flash flood warning as ...
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - The former Bernalillo County assessor cheated taxpayers out of tens of thousands of dollars in December when she made a secret, back-room deal before resigning to join the Public Regulation Commission. Everybody that pays their taxes, works hard, pays them in full, is getting cheated, said Bernalillo County Commissioner Wayne Johnson. Either through incompetence or ...
Did I hear right?
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Albuquerque ExpressAlbuquerque Express | Fast News as it happens in Albuquerque
The Albuquerque Express is essentially a local Albuquerque newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Albuquerque, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Albuquerque, New Mexico, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Albuquerque Express.
Independiente Santa Fe defeated Gremio 1-0 and advanced to the quarter-finals of the Copa Libertadores.
The result at El Campin stadium Thursday left the teams tied 2-2 on aggregate but the Colombian outfit progressed on away goals, reports Xinhua.
Forward Wilder Medina broke the deadlock in the 79th minute by playing a one-two with Omar Perez before jinking past three defenders and firing a low shot past goalkeeper Dida.
Gremio had the chance to equalise in injury time when a bungled clearance by goalkeeper Camilo Vargas left Chile international forward Eduardo Vargas needing only to tap into an unguarded net.
But the Napoli loanee fired over the crossbar to secure the Brazilian club's elimination.
Independiente Santa Fe will meet Peru's Real Garcilaso in the quarterfinals.
- Russian court denies punk rockers parole
- Telescope Photographs Inky Strawberry Cocktail Nebula for 15th Birthday
- NASAs Innovative Advanced Concepts Program Seeks Phase II Proposals for Promising Studies
- U.S. Israel raise hopes for Mideast peace restart
- Why Dont We Have Space Elevators Yet
- Do women get two types of orgasms
- Sonia Gandhi Nooyi among Indians in Forbes worlds top 100 Most Powerful Women List
- Daily dose of calcium helps women live longer
- Oz girls team coach says more women to pursue cricket career following pay rise
- Missing women hero gets burgers for life
- Twister that hit Oklahoma caused $2 bn in damage
- FBI kill Florida man known to Boston bombing suspects
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- Over 7 in 10 Americans favour more moral policing in US Gallup Poll
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- April sees Japan trade deficit jump to 879.9bn yen
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- UK urged by IMF to bring forward high value spending
- US delegation to urge labour reforms in Bangladesh
- Congress supports an Israeli defensive attack against Iran
- The U.S. House of Representatives should reject GOP-led student loan bill
- Punchlines Legalized marijuana in Kentucky
- A painless step forward in abortion policy Column
- Editorial Tim Murray takes his leave
- Eisenberg imbibes stage confidence from mother
- I learnt magic tricks from mother Jesse Eisenberg
- Chinese artist Ai Weiwei rages against state abuses in Dumbass song
- Rediff.com reports fiscal 2013 fourth quarter and year-end results
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Miserable Ike’s misplay seals Reds sweep of Mets
- Girardi would like to settle on three every day outfielders for Yankees
- Pats Brady not surprised Welker left team
- Norris lauds Tebow urges Jags to sign him
- PFT Bush says hes in Detroit to win titles
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Albuquerque Express headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Grease river remains mystery
- Safety concerns surround Anasazi construction
- Unser Northern intersection closed in Rio Rancho
- Secret deal cheats taxpayers
- Atty Aragon may be paying too much